Monday, November 26, 2012

Concepts, theories, Ideas...

There were so many interesting topics an discussions this quarter, I feel it is actually one of the first times a course has urged me to think and ponder beyond the given material. The ability to read other's posts and thoughts on particular ideas helped expand that even more, and although I started out feeling somewhat uneasy about an online class, it has turned out to be a great experience. It's actually difficult to pinpoint just one concept that stuck with me, as I feel many did. But the idea of temperaments and studying the affects of them on virtually every aspect of an individual's life was fascinating. I feel like Erikson's stages of psychosocial development helped me to understand children and the development stages throughout life so much more clearly. If I ever have children, it will certainly be something that I think about- especially the trust vs. mistrust and attachment.

3 comments:

  1. As I was reading all the material throughout this class, I kept thinking, should be a requirement before becoming a parent! I think many of the concepts may have helped me as I raised two daughters without a clue. Good on you that you were able to take this BEFORE parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were so many great topics this quarter! I must say that everyone’s point of view and take on the subjects was the most interesting to me. I loved seeing how strongly someone agreed or disagreed with a topic one week and then checking for their thoughts on the next week’s topic. I do feel that the blog has helped me express more of my own opinion. It seems more appropriate to me to vent here instead of the Home Group Discussion, but I’m not sure why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I think this class would have been invaluable to take before having kids... I agree that there were a lot of great topics this quarter, and it was difficult to pinpoint one! I have grown to really like online classes, I'm glad that you ended up enjoying it too!

    ReplyDelete